[Please pretend I posted this on time. Nothing quite like starting off a new year by procrastinating.] Today is the day of new beginnings. The first day of every January brings a hope of a fresh start and goals for the new year. Some of us will swear never to drink again, some will vow to hit the gym. Some lucky folks, like my Uncle Page and sister Manisha, celebrate the new year with their birthdays. That's a lot of partying.
In honor of my 25th birthday this year (umm, what?), I've decided against traditional new year's resolutions and am hopping on the 25 for 25 bandwagon. Basically, 25 goals I want to accomplish by my 25th birthday on September 18.
1. Be a better Christian: attend church regularly, finish The Purpose Driven Life, read the Bible.
2. Lose 25 pounds and keep it off. I'm getting serious with the Ideal Protein.
3. Read 25 new books (I'll give myself until the end of the year for this one).
4. Move at least once (possibly twice!).
5. Visit somewhere I've never been before.
6. Start graduate school. Virginia Tech has made this attempt quite dramatic already.
7. Organize our house and get us in better shape to move.
8. Grow my blog to a point where it can make me some monies.
9. Celebrate our first wedding anniversary on June 9.
10. Figure out our budget, stick to it, and pay off some of my loans.
11. Complete an organized run (at least a 5K).
12. Work out 3 days a week.
13. Cook a new recipe at least once a week.
14. Try out all of the kitchen gadgets we received as wedding gifts. A good many of them are still in their boxes in our garage. Whoops.
15. Watch our Hokies play.
16. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail.
17. Design a Hokie room in our next house.
18. Actually finish a blog project I start for myself.
19. Learn how to properly apply eyeliner.
20. Do some pins from Pinterest.
21. Host link-up parties on my blog.
22. Be pen pals with my college friends.
23. Make new friends.
24. Keep the house and garage clean.
25. Enjoy turning 25!